Today, we are going to interview with blogger Ammar Ali of AllBloggingTips.com. He has been blogging since 2011. His blog is about Blogging, WordPress, SEO, Security. Let’s get some blogging tips from Ammar and know more about him…
1. Please tell our readers about yourself and your blog?
Hello everyone! My name is Ammar – online entrepreneur and blogger. I just finished my Master’s degree in IT.
My blog AllBloggingTips was started in 2011 with aim to provide my readers knowledge of everything that’s related to blogging. I share what I learn so far and how it can help readers build a better blog and earn living from it.
I also have my own personal blog AmmarAli.com.
2. Walk me through the step-by-step process that you went through to get to where you are today. What was the first thing you did? Next?
I started taking interest in blogging in 2010. I did so many experiments with free blogs, hosting which helped me learn in and out of blogging. In December 2011, I founded AllBloggingTips.com which was my first professional blog. After that, I started working on it and grew it all in my spare time.
3. What do you think is the best strategy that worked well for you to get more traffic to your blog?
Networking with other bloggers helped me gain more traffic to my blog. I also used to be active on social media and share other people content which in return did the same thing. So, networking, blog commenting and social media worked together to get more traffic.
4. Please tell us some of your strengths that really helped you in blogging?
My passion for learning has helped me throughout my blogging career. When I started I had no one to help. The only information and learning source was Google. I used to spend lots of time learning new stuff which is why I am here.
5. How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers?
Being a student, it is not easy to spend lots of time on a weekly basis. When I started, I used to spend many hours per week to grow my blog. When I am free, I spend around 8-10 hours per week on my blog.
6. List of Paid or Free Tools, you are using.
Free Tools: MOZ Open site explorer, Grammarly,
Paid Tools: Semrush, SERPStat
7. What was your greatest failure in blogging and what did you learn from that?
The failures that I had blogging was in early start of my career. I did not have enough knowledge to start own blog and how to do the things. Also, I had problem communicating because English wasn’t my first language. But with time and passion for learning I was able to learn from my mistakes.
8. Can you name some of your favorite bloggers and explain why they are your favorites?
To be honest, I do not have any specific favorite bloggers. I read blog whenever I need information and feed my brain so there isn’t any favorite.
9. According to you, what are the must use Plugins for a WordPress user?
For me, these are some of the must have plugins for WordPress. I use these plugins on my blog and definitely recommend to your readers as well.
JetPack, Akismet, WP Total Cache, WP-Optimize, VaultPress, and Yoast SEO.
10. What promotional techniques work best for you and why?
Social media and blog comment are the techniques that work best for me. I comment on blogs and promote my blog on social media to gain more visitors.
11. According to You, What are the essential requirements to become a successful blogger-Is that technical skills or anything else?
Patience, Consistency, and Passion is the key to be successful anywhere. If you have a passion for learning, and consistency in what you are doing along with the patience then you will learn everything you need to succeed.
12. How can a new blogger make a decent income from his blog?
A new blogger can make income by writing on what people are searching for. Find solution for readers and write high quality posts on topics that has good number of monthly search volume. Get more traffic to your blog and in no time you will be able to generate a decent income. Traffic=money.
13. How do you Monetize your Blog?
Affiliate marketing is my #1 source of income. I use affiliate marketing to monetize my blog. Other than that I accept sponsored reviews/posts and banner advertisement. I also provide web development services occasionally.
14. Any advice that you can give to new bloggers for their success?
Just be patient and be consistent in what you are doing. Do not give up early. Continue what you are doing. Explore and experiments new things and don’t be afraid. Soon you will be able to make your place in this blogging world and be a successful blogger.
15. How can readers get in touch with you?
Thanks so much for having me here!
Thanks again Ammar for taking the time to share your tips and story with the Blogger Meet community. If you would like to learn about other bloggers and how they are getting success online, be sure to keep reading through our blogger interview series.