Today, We are going to Interview Blogger David James of businessgrowthdigitalmarketing.com. He has been blogging for a long time, he has a few blogs but his main blog is businessgrowthdigitalmarketing.com and this blog is about online marketing consultancy business. Let’s know more about David James in this Interview.
1. Please tell our readers about yourself and your blog?
2. Walk me through the step-by-step process that you went through to get to where you are today. What was the first thing you did? Next?
Firstly, I couldn’t write well. So I trained myself to write over the period of one year by writing articles for other people. When I felt that I was good enough, I started to write and publish high-quality articles on my own blogs. It was quite a lot of trial and error. Along the way, I’ve learned lessons such as the importance of niche selection, structuring and formatting content and content promotion.
As time has gone on, I was able to implement monetization models from the blogs. This ranges from consultancy as a result of people reading the published posts, freelance work, affiliate revenue, ad revenue and e-commerce.
3. What do you think is the best strategy that worked well for you to get more traffic to your blog?
In my case, it is simply writing valuable content for a keyword niche. And then getting the organic traffic from search. But for this to be successful, the right niche needs to be selected.
4. Please tell us some of your strengths that really helped you in blogging?
- I would say the following.
- Knowing how to tell a story in your writing.
- Understanding what people want to get out of your content.
- Correctly researching keywords.
- Publishing long-form content.
5. How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers?
I actually only get in touch with my followers if I have something valuable to share. I don’t want to promote any noise. Sometimes, it might be a couple of times a week. Other times, it may be once a month.
6. What do you think is the best service a blogger can provide to his readers?
Provide value. Don’t sell out your audience for a quick buck.
7. What was your greatest failure in blogging and what did you learn from that?
Choosing the wrong niche. I worked on one site for 4 years and it hasn’t grown. This is because I chose the wrong market.
8. Can you name some of your favorite bloggers and explain why they are your favorites?
I followed Joe Bunting of The Write Practice a lot. (https://thewritepractice.com/
9. How much time do you spend blogging?
Right now, I would say that 80% of my time is spent blogging.
10. A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in making money from the blog?
Firstly, I wouldn’t say that it is easy. You need to put in the work just as you would with anything else.
My biggest tip is to get the niche right. And then commit to publishing valuable content for your audience.
11. What promotional techniques work best for you and why?
SEO works the best for me at the moment. Google picks up the content, ranks it and then sends me traffic.
12. What do you find to be the most gratifying aspect of blogging?
Being able to publish your content and being accountable to your audience.
13. How can readers get in touch with you?
You can contact me on my website https://businessgrowthdigitalmarketing.com/contact-us/ or follow me on Twitter @BGD_Marketing.
Thanks again David James for taking the time to share your tips and story with the Blogger Meet community. If you would like to learn about other bloggers and how they are getting success online, be sure to keep reading through our blogger interview series.